Baton Rouge, LA, United States
Automotive, Bluecollar, Trucking
***This job posting is scheduled to close on 2/7/2019***
This position may be filled as an Automotive Tech 3/C, 2/C, or 1/C depending on the qualification level of the applicant.
A. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Employee will meet ‘qualifications pertaining to all jobs'. Under directive supervision, with limited latitude for planning or laying out of working details,
must be able to perform mechanical tasks of average difficulty involved in the maintenance and repair of automobiles, trucks, tractors, ditch diggers,
air compressors, cranes, trailers, gas engine driven equipment, and be qualified to do the following and related work as assigned:
1. Assist in the more complex repairs and adjustments to all types of equipment.
2. Make general diagnosis and repairs of engine/chassis mechanical and management systems diagnostics, and simple hydraulic equipment
under supervision of qualified mechanic.
3. Inspect, repair, overhaul, adjust and maintain, brakes, A/C systems, clutches, differentials, and axles.
4. Inspect, repair, electrical system and maintain hydraulic equipment and off-road equipment, etc.
5. Direct work of assistants, instruct and train other employees.
6. Assist in making complete engine analyses.
7. Perform simple welding.
B. EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Automotive Tech 1/C: Must have worked for at least two years, and qualified, as an Automotive Tech 2nd Class, or have had equivialent experience in releated work having all qualifications of the previous classifications.
Automotive Tech 2/C: Must have worked for at least two years, and qualified, as a Automotive Technician 3rd Class, or have had equivalent experience in related work having all qualifications of the previous classifications.
Automotive Tech 3/C: Must have worked for at least one year, and qualified, as an Automotive Technician Helper, or have had equivalent experience in related work having all qualifications of the previous classifications.
2. Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License
3. Supply personal tools used in work up to ¾ drive, including all hand tools such as screwdrivers, nut drivers, Torx drivers, etc.
4. Have practical knowledge of internal combustion engines, mechanical equipment hydraulic equipment, and engine/chassis/hydraulic systems
diagnostics utilizing current diagnostics methodologies.
5. Complete current chassis and hydraulic manufactures mandated training to allow the performance of warranty repairs.
6. Know Company's safety rules, and be able to administer all approved methods of resuscitation, and be able to render practical first aid.
7. Know the location of, and be able to operate, all of the firefighting equipment. Know what kind of equipment to use on electrical, oil and other
C. PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations, ability to lift up to 50lbs routinely.
D. PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Perform job Hazard Assessment prior to the beginning of any task. Strive to achieve zero accidents.
2. Be particularly alert in observing hazards and avoiding accidents.
3. Be willing to work under unusual surroundings, as well as the normal working conditions pertaining to this job.
4. Be able to receive, transmit and execute orders and instructions in such a manner as to inspire respect and confidence of superiors and
5. Have a temperament suited to jobs where manual dexterity, precision and patience are particularly essential.
6. Applicants must reside within 35 miles of the domiciled work location
Primary Location: Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Job Function: Skilled / Craft
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: GSU BARG-U01
Number of Openings: 2
Req ID: 85454
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and Pre-employment Testing: number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Website : http://www.entergy.com
We suffered an employee fatality in 2012 and a contractor fatality in 2013. In 2012, employee lost-time injuries increased over 2011. This safety performance is devastating. We are working to build greater safety awareness and a stronger safety culture. Achieving an accident-free work environment for our employees and contractors remains a top priority.