Penske Dedicated Logistics Corporation
Mount Pleasant, PA, United States
Diesel Technician/Mechanic - All Levels (Tech III, Tech II, Tech I)','1900165','!*!
A Penske Technician will diagnose, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment including, but not limited to the following: Engines (gas and diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials/Power dividers, PTO systems, Starters/Alternators, Refrigeration systems, Air conditioning systems (including cold and hot units), Fan clutches, Engine electronics (gas/diesel), Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
Tech III (entry-level) salary ranges from $17-20/hr
Tech II (mid-level) salary ranges from $20-23/hr
Tech I (master-level) salary ranges from $24-26/hr
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor','!*!
- Basic mechanical aptitude preferred, demonstrated past problem solving, tool usage, and repair experience required- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel experience or education preferred- High school diploma or equivalent required, vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred- A valid driver’s license is required, and, must either possess a CDL or have the ability to obtain a CDL license required- A positive, customer service attitude and effective communication skills- Basic computer skills required for data entry into maintenance systems.- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening to include criminal checks, past employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potential travel within a near geography for training are required.
Physical Requirements:-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu',' ',' ','Mount Pleasant, PA','15666','United States-Pennsylvania-Mount Pleasant','Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians','PTL.Technician','PTL.Technician','Diesel Technician/Mechanic - All Levels (Tech III, Tech II, Tech I)
Penske Dedicated Logistics Corporation
Website : http://www.gopenske.com/
Our customers benefit from Penske Logistics' years of experience applying practical creativity to develop optimal logistics solutions. Our industry knowledge and technical capabilities enable us to implement the most advanced supply chain solutions in use today.