Tower Engineering Professionals
Denver, CO, United States
Engineering, Automotive, Bluecollar, Bilingual, Construction, Manufacturing
Jul 05, 2021
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS!
Tower Engineering Professionals is seeking a full-time Engineering Associate in our Denver, CO office. As an Engineering Associate, you will serve as an integral member of our engineering team. Tower Engineering Professionals offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k with company match, and a relaxed, fun environment.
Position requires thorough knowledge of civil design and engineering techniques. Responsible for planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, prepare or modify drawings, monitor work compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and TEP standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Required Education: Bachelor degree based on discipline performed
• Preferred Certification: Engineering Intern
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to multi-task and work on different projects simultaneously (antenna mods, collocation, raw land, drawings for multi-carrier standards)
• Strong technical, written, and oral communications skills
• Experience communicating directly with and providing services to clients
• Ability to understand and apply budgeting principles throughout project lifecycle
• Ability to final check on multiple drawing types/carriers
• Experience in working with multiple discipline projects within the telecommunication, residential, commercial or light/heavy industrial fields is preferred
• PE exam schedule to be completed within 2-4 years based on state requirements is preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Responsible for planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
• Design civil solutions to unique obstacles on a site including storm water control, access road grading and retaining wall design
• Devise new approaches to problems and prepare or modify drawings, monitor work compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and TEP standards
• Prepare and develop detailed AutoCAD drawings from GIS and/or site survey
• Prepare detailed construction drawings on collocation and raw land sites
• Prepare reports related to tower mappings and inspections
• Work with multiple jurisdictions to comply with permitting and zoning requirements
• Potential overflow into other areas of Civil engineering
• May assist with client interaction to include correspondence to clients, problem resolution, and final reports to meet required deadlines
• Perform final check on multiple drawing types/carriers
Ability to sit, stand, lift files and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office and field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
Tower Engineering Professionals